This year, the flu seems to be particularly aggressive. This has lead so many Cary citizens to get a flu shot, but even the flu shot can’t guarantee that you won’t get the flu.
As a local massage and holistic health company, our team at Moonshadow Massage gets asked regularly if there is a way to prevent the flu. While the answer is no, there is no certain way, there are things that can improve the chances of flu prevention.
4 ways to increase flu prevention during flu season are:
- Boost the Immune System: The healthier an individual’s immune system and body are, the more likely they are to fight off a sickness that will arise. A few great ways to boost the immune system are eating a well-balanced meal, take vitamins or get a massage! We have a few types of massages that work well with boosting the immune system.
- Hand Washing: This one seems like an obvious suggestion, but it is one of the most commonly forgotten. So, wash your hands before eating and before touching your face.
- Get a Good Night’s Rest: A well-rested body has a stronger immune system that is more apt to fight off sickness. So, no all-nighters or extremely early mornings during flu season!
- Use Nasal Irrigate Products: A few times a week, use a nasal irrigate product such as a Neti-Pot that can flush out bacteria that may have entered the nose. For anyone particularly worried about the flu, use a nasal irrigate product daily.
The best thing to remember during flu season is to not worry – worrying can make the body more susceptible to illnesses. If you need to relax from flu season induced stress, a massage is a great way to do that. Book a massage online with our team now!
When many people hear about a massage therapist, they automatically think of a beautiful, serene spa. They think about being pampered. While that is an important part of massage, there is a completely different type of massage: medical massage.
As the owner of Moonshadow Medical Massage, my team and I try to educate individuals on the benefits of a medical massage. Many people know that massages can alleviate aches and pains, but there is so much more that a medical massage can do!
4 medical conditions that a medical massage can help alleviate are:
- High Blood Pressure: Everyone is always so busy and there are so many stressors on everyone’s plates. Taking an hour out for a massage is a great way to relax and reduce the day-to-day stress. This can lead to lowering high blood pressure. But, it can also improve sleep and reduce a risk of heart disease.
- Muscle Weakness: Unused muscles will lose their power over time. But, a medical massage therapist can work on specific muscles. With a combination of exercise and massage therapy, those muscles can gain back strength over time.
- Joint Stiffness: One of the biggest ways to help someone with joint stiffness from arthritis or other conditions is to increase their range of motion. Our team is great at targeting areas that need to be focused on and creating a plan to work to improve range of motion throughout appointments.
- Migraine Pain: When a migraine hits, everything tenses up. A medical massage can alleviate the muscle tension, muscle spasms, and neck and shoulder tensions during or after a migraine.
There are so many more medical conditions that can be treated with medical massage. Our team is well trained on how to use massage to alleviate medical problems. Give us a call today at 919-466-9494 to learn more about our massage technique and to set up your first appointment.